Cavities are tiny holes on the hard surface of the teeth , they are caused by the bacteria on the teeth that creates acid out of sugar. The bacteria form a sticky film on the teeth which is known as plaque , the acid in the plaque removes minerals from the plaque, when this happens, the tiny holes called cavities are formed.
Here are a few methods to naturally get rid of cavities at home, and things to do to strengthen your teeth and prevent cavities.
- OIL PULLING : Oil pulling is an ancient method that involves swishing oil in your mouth for about 20 minutes before pouring it out, preferably coconut oil or sesame oil. Oil pulling reduces plaque, gingivitis and the number of bacteria in the mouth just a effectively as chlorhexidine mouthwash.
2. SALT WATER RINSE : Salt water sanitizes your mouth, this mixture is an antiseptic, which means that it prevents bacteria from growing. keeping your mouth clean helps to reduce the probability of growing bacteria which results in plaque that causes cavities.
- LIMIT OR AVOID SUGARY FOODS AND DRINKS : When sugar is consumed, it mixes with the bacteria in the mouth and forms an acid that wears down the tooth enamel.
- INCREASE YOUR VITAMIN D INTAKE TO THE RECOMMENDED DOSAGE : Vitamin D provides minerals that strengthen the enamel
5. USE MINERALIZING TOOTHPASTE : Try making your own homemade mineralizing Toothpaste. Here are what you need below
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of aluminium free baking soda
- 1 tablespoon xylitol
- 20 drops of peppermint or clove essential oil
- 20 drops trace minerals or calcium/ magnesium powder.
Using the above mixture overtime to brush helps to eliminate bacteria that results in plaques that cause cavities. It also strengthens your teeth and freshens your mouth.